The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified administrators who are dedicated to leading students, staff and parents in the Roman Catholic tradition.
There are no principal positions at this time.
Candidates must possess a valid BC teaching certificate or be eligible for BC certification through the Teacher Regulation Branch of the Ministry of Education.http://www.bcteacherregulation.ca/
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment and vision with regards to being a leader in Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Witness and role model of the Catholic faith
- Master's degree in school administration or applicable area of study (or study in progress)
- Successful teaching experience
- Successful leadership experience in a Catholic school
Leadership abilities in the areas of:
- Catholic Leadership
- Educational Leadership
- School Climate
- Interpersonal Relations
- Personal and Professional Growth
- Skill, knowledge and attributes required of the position.
Interested candidates must submit their resumes and supporting documents noted below.
Administrator Application Form
The administrator's application PDF document is a fillable form should you wish to complete it that way.
Administrator Application Checklist
Please view the administrator's application checklist to be sure your application is complete before you submit it for consideration.
Pastoral Reference Check Form
Please fill in the blanks on page one and give both pages to your pastor when you meet with him.
Submit your completed application to:
Mr. Arthur Therrien
Superintendent of Schools, CISND
c/o Catholic Pastoral Centre
3665 Benvoulin Road, Kelowna, BC
If e-mailing your application, please send as one (not multiple) e-mail if possible.